Thursday, March 19, 2015

My cell phone skins business

I’d like to share my experience of my own small business of cell phone skins with you. Previously I own a mobile accessories shop, where it sells mobile cases, mobile screen protectors, ear phones, chargers, speakers…etc. Unluckily, the competition in the mobile accessories field is fierce, so that inevitably the profit is thin. I have to find out a new way to earn money.

A small project of making custom cell phone skins attracts my attention. It’s a series of machines that work together to produce the phone skinsforanybrand of cell phones. Below picture shows the “before and after” picture of iPhone 6 plus with custom stickers.

https://cellphonestickers.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/chinee-1.jpg

The cost of above red sticker is about 0.2-1.5 US dollars depends on different materials. Here in Saudi Arab, the sales price for each mobile sticker is 30 to 40 US dollars or even higher. The customers especially the young people like to make their mobile phone personalized, that’s why I can sell about 100 orders of custom cell phone skins per day thought my online shop. Firstly I never think of sell 100 stickers at all; however the customers are really fascinated by such a new item.

The mobile case business stills not very good, maybe my inventory of mobile cases are out of date. There are more and more fashionable mobile cases with competitive price rush into the market which makes my mobile case hard to sell. Nowadays the young people seems prefer those personalized things, that’s why I also buy a custom mobile case printer which can print custom picture on the mobile case. The profit of the custom mobile case is not as good as the custom cell phone skins; however, the demand of the mobile case is still large. Now I can sell about 40 mobile cases though my online store.

There are more customers choose the custom cell phone skins solution, rather than the mobile cases. Even if the mobile case can provide a better protection, the cell phone skins still more popular among the young people. I guess the mobile stickers is more personalized than the traditional mobile cases, what’s more, the cell phone skins are thinner and can integrate with the mobile phone better.

The advantage of the cell phone skin I sell is that, when you peel off it from the mobile phone cover, there will be no residue left on the cover at all. The 3M material film is very nice. Thanks to Daqin, my business now becomes much better than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment